Renovation of a locally significant building into homes for elders without family members, and a community center for villagers to congregate. The building was donated by a retired collage professor in Sri Lanka.
Ibasho involved in aging in community research, conceptual, and schematic design for this project collaborating with Hokkaido University, Japan.
- Provide home for elders with no family
- Retrofit culturally significant housing
- Create multi-functional elder care home
- Offer social hub for local community
- (opportunity for incorporate Sri Lankan’s believe in Dhana practice)
Sarvodaya (Charity organization in Sri Lanka)
Dr. Suguru Mori and Ichiro Tamura, M. Arch.
Dr. Kapila D Silva, Dr. Attanakaya, Dr. Vinya Ariyaratne