This project is initiated by Dr. Mary Ann Tsao, who cares deeply about elders around the world. She learned about the difficult living situation of elderly monks, and put together an expert team to create a community where Bhutanese elderly monks are able to pursue spiritual growth through meditation and enjoy the fellowship of colleagues at a property that King of Bhutan donated for this project.
Ibasho is privileged to be involved in the pre-design, conceptual and schematic design, and age-appropriate design consultancy.
- Create community for retired elderly monks
- Initiated by Dr. Mary Ann Tsao collaboration with His Holiness
- Offer opportunity to practice Buddhism
- Employ resident directed care
- Bhutan Central Monastic Body
*Click here to read articles about Bhutan project.